Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Strike five more Marauder Clansmen of the list.... Enjoyed doing some ginger beards again.

 So that brings the unit up to 29, still a way to go yet. It's time to decide on the command group now. The musician is done, I'm considering a conversion for the standard, there are plenty of champions to chose from, I just need to make a decision (easier said than done). I might even find room for a wizard.



Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Another 5 done. I've just realised that it looks as if I'm churning them out but in actual fact there were only a few bits on each one to finish them off.

I wish I did churn them out more regularly though..

Next up should be some more Marauder Clansmen.



Monday, 21 April 2014

A few more Norse off the list. I actually painted about 2 thirds of these a while ago and got distracted with other stuff but I knew I'd get back to them at some point. 

I was put off with the prospect of painting the horns as they are a bit fiddly to do but they are done now, that's the main thing.

I've finished another 3 Norse but don't have the shields done yet so watch out for another update soon.



Thursday, 10 April 2014

I'm happy to say that the Knights of the Great Bear are finished and really like the how they have turned out, an absolute pleasure to paint too.

You can get them from White Knight

Next up will be some more Marauder Clansmen followed by some Marauder MM16 Thunderers and possibly after that some of White Knight's Zweihanders......... that's the cunning plan anyway!



Monday, 7 April 2014

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to decide on a colour scheme for some Dwarf Knights. It's a unit of Knights of the Great Bear by White Knight minis. 

First of all I thought it was going to be easy, bears are brown right.

It just didn't look right, I tried black fur, they turned out too dark. 

After a buddy of mine suggested polar bears, I thought nah no way, but desperation got the better of me as I hate having models just sitting on my desk stuck in paint limbo, so I tried it.

I think they actually turned out better than I thought and I can get them to fit with the rest of the army, theme-wise.
Here's a taster...